God's Heart Revealed
In Exodus 2, Jochebed, Moses' MOM, placed her son in a basket and placed the basket at the bank of Egypt's Nile River. Jochebed means “Yeshua is Glory.” This mom had to place her trust in the Ark of God’s love as she released her child into the world. Ark: The Hebrew word tebah is the same word used for the ark that Noah built. (A different Hebrew word is used for the Ark of the Covenant, arown.) God had called and set apart Moses for His divine purpose of a nation’s salvation. Moses was drawn out of a river and was used by God to draw out or deliver many from the dead-end ways of the world. God took a basket case and turned him into a “hero of the faith.”
To lay her child in the Nile was an act of faith, trusting God with a prayerful eye never too far way. A mother’s heart of love includes entrusting her child to God:
- A heart that watches while praying with urgency.
- A heart that takes faith action to protect her children.
- A heart that has a God-given nature to nurture each child’s growth.
- A heart that has simple trust in God for her children.
- All the while not looking for the glory but giving it to God.
A MOM’s Heart is expressed within us all by the Spirit of God.
Exodus 2:1-10 - Thank you, Lord, for ALL who reveal the Mother Heart of God in how they live and love.